Skip to main content

Special Education

Get Help

English Learner Students with a Disability

English Learner students have the right to appropriate support services so that they can develop English language skills AND have access to learn all core curriculum for their grade level.

Get Help

What is an Individualized Education Plan (IEP)?

An IEP (Individualized Education Plan) is a document created by the child’s parent and school staff who know about the student’s needs. The document contains learning goals and resources to support a child with disabilities.

Get Help

How do I know if my child has a disability and is eligible for accommodations?

Schools must identify and evaluate students with disabilities. Parents also have a right to request that their child be evaluated for disabilities.


This website is not intended to provide nor does it provide legal advice. Transmission and receipt of the information in this site is not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, any attorney-client relationship between California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. and any person or entity. CRLA, Inc. only has offices in the state of California and only provides legal services for claims that arose in California. Our privacy policy is straight-forward: This website does not collect any personal information about you or any user. CRLA, Inc. is not responsible for any third-party content that may be accessed through this site.


© 1966–2021 California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc

Web design & development by Agaric Tech Cooperative

Photos from CRLA archives & Creative Commons sources

Legal Services Corporation logo